- Veteran GOP Fundraiser Moves On After 37 Years
- Will Russ Feingold Be Haunted by Campaign Problems Past?
- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
- N.H. Democrats Prep Kelly Ayotte Challenge
- 14 Congressional Republicans Jeb Bush Helped Last Cycle
Sheldon Adelson Gives $5 Million to YG Action Super PAC
Posted at 9:17 a.m. on July 16, 2012
Casino mogul Sheldon Adelson gave $5 million to YG Action Fund, a super PAC run by two former top aides to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.).
The donation helped YG Action Fund achieve its best fundraising quarter since opening shop last year. The super PAC raised just more than $5.3 million from April through June.
The money came just in time for the group to spend more than $500,000 to boost Richard Hudson, a former House chief of staff, in the runoff for North Carolina’s 8th district on Tuesday.
This isn’t the first time this year Adelson has made a multi-million dollar donation to help House Republicans. Earlier this year, Adelson and his wife donated $5 million to the Congressional Leadership Fund, a super PAC devoted to boosting Republicans in House races.