- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
- Is Rick Perry Really Ready for 2016?
Alexander Holds Large Lead Over Primary Challengers | #TNSEN
Posted at 5 a.m. on Aug. 28, 2013
Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., holds a massive lead over current and potential primary opponents, and holds a high job performance rating from likely Republican primary voters in the Volunteer State, according to an internal poll provided exclusively to CQ Roll Call.
Alexander leads recently announced primary opponent Joe Carr 64 percent to 22 percent, according to the poll conducted by North Star Opinion Research.
Alexander leads other potential primary opponents by similar margins:
- Against Knoxville Mayor Tim Burchett, Alexander leads 62 percent to 23 percent, according to the poll.
- Against attorney Kevin Kookogey, Alexander leads 69 percent to 15 percent, according to the poll.
- And against Brenda Lenard, Alexander leads 69 percent to 16 percent, according to the poll.
The Tennessee Senate race is rated a Safe Republican contest by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.