- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
GOP Group Boosts House Candidate in New York Primary
Posted at 11:55 a.m. on June 2, 2014
American Action Network, a GOP-backed, center-right outside player in campaigns, has debuted a new advertisement in a New York House race, backed by a six-figure buy.
In the Empire State’s 1st District, AAN’s advertisement charges former prosecutor George Demos is a “Pelosi Republican” and is “in the wrong state and the wrong party.”
AAN is spending $225,0000 on a blitz of the district that includes cable and digital advertising and direct mail. Here is the TV spot:
The National Republican Congressional Committee does not play in primaries but named Zeldin as a “contender” in its Young Guns program. The NRCC did not list Demos as part of its Young Guns program, according to its website.
The race is rated Leans Democratic by the Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.