- Harry Reid Backs Maryland Senate Candidate
- Democratic Floodgates Open for Maryland House Seat
- Michigan Congresswoman Won't Run for Re-Election (Updated) (Video)
- What the 'Big Ten' Tells Republicans They Need in 2016
- How a Tea Party Favorite May Influence Mississippi Race
Ami Bera Challenger Starts Television Ads in California Race (Video)
Posted at 10:08 a.m. on April 2, 2014
The 30-second spot, which highlights his biography, will air on cable across the 7th District, an Ose aide confirmed.
“We need to get out of debt. Debt is an anchor that will drown us,” Ose says in the ad, shared first with CQ Roll Call. “We need to reduce taxes, that’s why I’m running for Congress now. I do understand how the economy works. And I know how to create jobs.”
Ose is the only GOP candidate on television in this Sacramento-area district. The former congressman faces Bera and two other Republicans – former Capitol Hill aide Igor Birman and businesswoman Elizabeth Emken – in a top-two primary on June 3. The two highest vote recipients, regardless of party, will advance to the general election.
Fundraising reports for the first quarter are due on April 15. They could show which GOP candidate is in a stronger position before the primary.
California’s 7th District is rated a Lean Democrat contest by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.