- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
- Another Senate Forecast
- On Wonk Wire
- Why No Democrat Wants to Challenge Hillary
Another Republican Announces Run in #GA10
Posted at 1:53 p.m. on May 16, 2013
It’s hard to keep up with the number of Republicans vying for Georgia’s three open House seats.
Since publishing our Farm Team column on Wednesday about the likely field of candidates in the Peach State, another GOP politician has announced he will run for the open 10th District seat.
Mike Collins, a businessman and son of former Georgia Rep. Mac Collins, announced Thursday that he will seek the seat left by Republican Rep. Paul Broun. Broun is seeking the state’s open Senate seat after the retirement of Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss.
Collins joins an already crowded primary race that includes:
- State Rep. Donna Sheldon, the GOP caucus chairwoman
- Jody Hice, a radio host and Southern Baptist pastor
- Gary Gerrard, an attorney