- Forecast Shows Democrats Outperforming Expectations
- Does Obama Have a Foreign Policy?
- Even Brownback's Poll Shows a Toss Up
- McConnell Pledges No Government Shutdown
- Schauer Pulls Ahead in Michigan
Arizona: Brewer Sets Special Election to Replace Giffords
Posted at 6:33 p.m. on Jan. 27, 2012
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) issued a proclamation this evening establishing the dates for the primary and general election to replace former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) in the Tucson-area 8th district.
The primary will be held on April 17, and the special election will be on June 12. Both dates are Tuesdays.
Thanks to redistricting, the winner of the special will have to face re-election in a re-drawn district that closely resembles the current 8th.
A number of other Republicans and Democrats are being discussed as possible candidates in what is expected to be a very competitive special election.