- Veteran GOP Fundraiser Moves On After 37 Years
- Will Russ Feingold Be Haunted by Campaign Problems Past?
- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
- N.H. Democrats Prep Kelly Ayotte Challenge
- 14 Congressional Republicans Jeb Bush Helped Last Cycle
Bentivolio Primary Challenger Reports Huge Fundraising Haul
Posted at 1:49 p.m. on Oct. 2, 2013
Attorney David Trott has raised at least $425,000 for this primary challenge to freshman Rep. Kerry Bentivolio, R-Mich.
The sum does not include any money from Trott’s personal wealth, according to his spokeswoman. He announced his candidacy in early September, so the third-quarter fundraising report is the first of his campaign.Bentivolio struggled with fundraising in past quarters, but his spokesman told CQ Roll Call in late August that Bentivolio is “getting better with fundraising.”
Third-quarter fundraising reports — which include money raised in July, August and September — are due Oct. 15.
Democrats are attempting to recruit a candidate to run against the GOP nominee in this district, which includes the exurbs of Detroit. But the party has yet to find a strong candidate.
Mitt Romney won the 11th district in 2012 with 52 percent of the vote.
This race is rated is rated Republican Favored by the Rothenberg Political Report/CQ Roll Call.