- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Between the Lines: Kentucky Legislature Close to Deal on New Map
Posted at 5:59 p.m. on Feb. 2, 2012
The Kentucky Legislature, deadlocked for weeks over a Congressional redistricting map, took a huge step toward the passage of final lines today.
The Democratic-controlled state House and the Republican-held state Senate have reached a tentative agreement, a spokesman for the Speaker confirmed. Draft maps are expected to be released as early as tonight.
Sources told Roll Call that the map will protect incumbents and likely keep the 6th district’s political bent the same, giving a leg up to Rep. Ben Chandler (D) in his rematch with Lexington attorney Andy Barr.