- Democratic Floodgates Open for Maryland House Seat
- Michigan Congresswoman Won't Run for Re-Election (Updated) (Video)
- What the 'Big Ten' Tells Republicans They Need in 2016
- How a Tea Party Favorite May Influence Mississippi Race
- Van Hollen May Not Have Field to Himself (Updated)
Cory Booker Launches Second TV Ad #NJSEN
Posted at 5:29 p.m. on July 9, 2013
Cory Booker, the heavy favorite to win the New Jersey special election for Senate, launched his second TV ad on Tuesday.
Like his first ad, released two weeks ago, Booker’s new spot highlights his record as mayor of Newark. It’s a statewide ad running on cable, according to an aide.
Booker is so far the only Democratic candidate on TV, and polling continues to show him well ahead of the competition in next month’s Democratic primary. He eclipsed 50 percent again in a Quinnipiac poll out Tuesday morning.
The primary will be held Aug. 13, and the special election to fill the seat for the remaining year of Lautenberg’s term is on Oct. 16.