- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
California: Pete Sessions to Headline Fundraisers for Kim Vann
Posted at 12:01 a.m. on May 15, 2012
National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Pete Sessions (Texas) is headlining two May 22 fundraisers in California for Kim Vann.
Vann, a Colusa County supervisor, is the leading Republican challenging Rep. John Garamendi (D) in Northern California’s 3rd district. While Democrats hope to net a few seats in the state, Garamendi is among the incumbents atop the NRCC’s target list.
The fundraisers next Tuesday come exactly two weeks before the June 5 all-party primary. Sessions will attend a noon luncheon at the Sutter Club in Sacramento and a reception at a private residence in Marysville at 5:30 p.m. PST. Both events have a minimum contribution of $500.
Garamendi, the only Democrat in the race, and Vann, one of four Republicans, are both expected to advance to the general election. Roll Call rates this race as Leans Democratic.