- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
California: Speier Backs Hahn Over Richardson
Posted at 11:59 p.m. on March 21, 2012
Rep. Jackie Speier (D) is the third sitting Member to endorse Rep. Janice Hahn in her race against fellow Democratic Rep. Laura Richardson in the redrawn 44th district.
“I’m very proud to strongly back her re-election campaign because I know that she’ll continue to advance the causes that her constituents care about,” Speier said of Hahn, who is heavily favored in the race.
Speier joins Democratic Reps. Grace Napolitano and John Garamendi, as well as former Rep. Diane Watson, in supporting Hahn in one of two Democratic Member-vs.-Member races in Los Angeles County. State Assemblyman Isadore Hall, who dropped out of the race in December, endorsed Hahn on Monday.
Richardson has a long list of Congressional support that primarily includes members of the Congressional Black Caucus.
Hahn and Richardson will face off in the June top-two primary and then again in November.