- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
Capito Raises $770,000 in Second Quarter #WVSEN
Posted at 4:50 p.m. on July 11, 2013
Rep. Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va., said she raised about $770,000 in the second quarter for her Senate campaign.
“It’s been a very successful quarter,” Capito told CQ Roll Call between votes Thursday at the Capitol.
Capito is currently the front-runner to succeed retiring Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va. No Democrat has announced a bid yet to run for the party’s nomination in what should otherwise be a competitive race.
Her second-quarter haul is less than the $915,000 that Capito brought in during the first three months of this year.
Federal candidates must file their second-quarter fundraising reports with the Federal Election Commission by July 15.
The race is rated Lean Republican by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.