- DSCC Announces 2016 Staff Roster
- Freshman Class Filled With Losers
- Democrats Look for Comebacks From Members Ousted in 2010
- Kelly Ward Will Stay on as DCCC Executive Director
- Congressman to Consider John McCain Primary Challenge
Posts in "Alaska-AL"
July 13, 2013
Members continued to release impressive fundraising numbers as the final full week to report second-quarter fundraising drew to a close, but the stragglers have not been as impressive as the early birds.
Both House and Senate candidates have raised the bar as to what constitutes an eye-catching quarterly fundraising total, but history dictates that members who release their reports toward the end of the filing deadline usually have lower hauls to report. That rung true for some reported totals.
Check out Friday’s fundraising numbers:
July 2, 2013
Alaska Republican Rep. Don Young will file paperwork to seek his 21st term in Congress on Tuesday afternoon in Anchorage, according to a campaign news release.
Young won his 2012 re-election race by a 2-to-1 margin. But given his long tenure in the House, the 80-year-old Young often graces Roll Call’s list of potential member retirements. Full story
April 29, 2013
What you might have missed “At the Races” on Monday …
- #MAsen: The special-election primary to fill Secretary of State John Kerry’s Senate seat is Tuesday. Here are the five things to know about the race.
- #SC01: The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee upped its television ad buys against former Gov. Mark Sanford in this special election.
- #SCsen: Vice President Joesph R. Biden Jr. teased that he would endorse Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., or “rip” his skin off — whatever helps his 2014 prospects.
- #IAsen: Iowa Republican Gov. Terry E. Branstad suggested (again) that he does not think Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, would make the best GOP Senate candidate.
- #MIsen: Rep. Gary Peters, a Democrat, will formally announce his candidacy for Senate on Wednesday in the town where he was raised, Rochester Hills.
What we’re mulling on Monday … Full story