- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Posts in "Minn.-1"
September 4, 2013
Jim Hagedorn, son of former Rep. Tom Hagedorn, R-Minn., will formally announce this afternoon that he will challenge four-term Democratic Rep. Tim Walz this cycle.
Hagedorn, a former staffer to then-Rep. Arlan Stangeland, R-Minn., lost a bid for the 1st District in a Republican primary in 2010.
June 17, 2013
Democratic Rep. Tim Walz officially has a Republican opponent in Minnesota’s 1st District.
Republican state Rep. Mike Benson announced on Monday that he will run against Walz in 2014, according to a local report.
Benson’s declaration comes on the heels of Republican state Sen. Jeremy Miller’s announcement that he will not challenge Walz for the seat. Miller said he was approached to run but decided against a bid after consulting his family, according to local reports.