- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Posts in "Miss.-1"
March 13, 2012
House Financial Services Chairman Spencer Bachus held on to victory in tonight’s GOP primary in Alabama’s 6th district, clinching the nomination outright and avoiding a runoff after heavily outspending his most serious challenger.
Bachus led state Sen. Scott Beason 58.5 percent to 27 percent, with 79 percent of precincts reporting. Four other candidates were also on the GOP primary ballot. To avoid a runoff, a candidate has to get more than 50 percent of ballots cast. Full story