Coffmann is a top Democratic target in 2014. (Bill Clark/CQ Roll Call File Photo)
House Majority PAC, a super PAC that aims to elect House Democrats, announced Thursday it will unleash a major advertising campaign against nine House Republicans over the shutdown.
The total buy is for a “mid-six figure” sum, according to the political action committee’s spokesman. It will run web and TV ads against Republican Reps. Mike Coffman of Colorado’s 6th District, Steve Southerland II of Florida’s 2nd, Joe Heck of Nevada’s 3rd and David Joyce of Ohio’s 14th.
The buy will also include a “Google and Bing search advertising campaign,” according to a news release, that will target those four Republicans members plus five more:
- Rep. Gary G. Miller of California’s 31st District
- Rep. Rodney Davis of Illinois’ 13th District
- Rep. Michael G. Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania’s 8th District
- Rep. Michael G. Grimm of New York’s 11th District
- Rep. John Kline of Minnesota’s 2nd District
The television ads targeting Coffman, Southerland, Heck and Joyce can be seen after the jump.