- Alaska Republican Super PAC Launches Another Ad
- Democratic Poll: Freshman Holds Minor Lead Over Carl DeMaio
- Ratings Change: Montana Senate
- Quirky Ex-Senator Stomps on Democrats' S.D. Hopes
- Montana Senate: A Real Race or Simply Manufactured Buzz?
Posts in "Ind.-6"
May 17, 2012
The National Republican Congressional Committee announced today that eight GOP House candidates are one step closer to earning the committee’s top-tier Young Guns status.
Those eight candidates progressed to the Contender level, the third step in the four-step Young Guns program. The candidates must meet district-specific benchmarks to move through the program, which gives fundraising and infrastructure assistance.
May 8, 2012
Updated 10:13 p.m.| Luke Messer, the former executive director of the state Republican Party, won the crowded primary for Rep. Mike Pence’s (R) eastern Indiana seat.
Messer defeated conservative activist Travis Hankins with almost 42 percent of the vote and 83 percent of precincts reporting, according to the Associated Press.
Pence is running for governor instead of re-election to his safe Republican seat, so Messer will serve as the next Member of Congress from the 6th district in all likelihood. Full story