- Bonus Quote of the Day
- FitzGerald Punished Employees Without Valid Licenses
- Quote of the Day
- What Changed for Republicans?
- Perry Heads to New Hampshire
Posts in "Iowa-2"
July 8, 2014
The National Republican Congressional Committee promoted 11 more candidates to ‘Young Gun’ status Tuesday morning, elevating their campaigns to the highest level of the program that provides organizational and fundraising support in top House contests.
The 11 additions brings the NRCC’s total number of Young Gun candidates this cycle to 32.
“Candidates that reach ‘Young Gun’ status have met a series of rigorous goals that will put them in position to win on Election Day,” NRCC Chairman Greg Walden of Oregon said in a news release.
The new Young Gun candidates are:
June 25, 2013
State Rep. Mark Lofgren, a Republican, announced Tuesday that he will challenge four-term Rep. Dave Loebsack, D-Iowa, in the 2nd District, according to local reports.
Lofgren marks Loebsack’s first challenger, but news reports say that Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks is eyeing a run as well.
October 16, 2012
Speaker John Boehner will be in Iowa campaigning for GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Wednesday, and he also plans to fundraise for two House challengers while he’s in the state.
Ben Lange and John Archer, who are running against Democratic incumbents in Iowa’s 1st and 2nd districts, respectively, will get a boost from the Speaker.
The Ohio Republican will start the day with a fundraising luncheon in Davenport for Archer, a lawyer who is running against Rep. Dave Loebsack (D). The event will be held at the Davenport Country Club, and donations range from $250 to $1,000 a person, according to the Quad-City Times. Full story
July 12, 2012
The National Republican Congressional Committee today announced its third round of Young Guns — candidates who have reached the highest tier of the committee’s recruitment and candidate support program.
The seven new candidates are:
- Former state House Majority Leader Adam Hasner, running in Florida’s open 22nd district
- Attorney Ben Lange, running in Iowa’s 1st district against Rep. Bruce Braley (D)
- John Deere attorney John Archer, running in Iowa’s 2nd district against Rep. Dave Loebsack (D)
- State Senate President Kevin Raye, running in Maine’s 2nd district against Rep. Mike Michaud (D)
- State Public Service Commissioner Kevin Cramer, running in North Dakota’s open at-large seat
- Businessman Danny Tarkanian, running in Nevada’s open 4th district
- Former Erie County Executive Chris Collins, running New York’s 27th district against freshman Rep. Kathy Hochul (D)
June 28, 2012
Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) backed John Deere executive John Archer’s (R) bid to unseat Rep. Dave Loebsack (D) on Wednesday.
This marks the former presidential candidate’s second Congressional endorsement in the Hawkeye State, where he focused much of his failed presidential campaign. Full story
May 17, 2012
The National Republican Congressional Committee announced today that eight GOP House candidates are one step closer to earning the committee’s top-tier Young Guns status.
Those eight candidates progressed to the Contender level, the third step in the four-step Young Guns program. The candidates must meet district-specific benchmarks to move through the program, which gives fundraising and infrastructure assistance.