- Poll Shows Nunn Leading in Georgia
- Perry Puts Mugshot on Campaign Schwag
- Politicians Aren't More Corrupt Than Usual
- Axelrod Says Democrats Were Wrong About Bush Vacations
- Bonus Quote of the Day
Posts in "Pa.-7"
July 8, 2013
Several campaigns released their fundraising figures today, following the holiday weekend. The reporting period ended June 30, but House and Senate campaigns have until July 15 to report their figures to the Federal Election Commission.
Here are some of the new figures released on Monday:
- #MISEN: Rep. Gary Peters raised more than $1 million in the second quarter and has $1.8 million in the bank.
- #WI01: Rep. Paul D. Ryan raised $1.1 million and reported nearly $2.2 million in the bank, according to his campaign fundraising report.
- #FL18: Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy raised more than $520,000 and has $1 million in the bank, according to a campaign press release.
- #PA07: Republican Rep. Patrick Meehan raised $402,0000 in the 2nd quarter and has $1.4 million in cash on hand, according to national Republican sources.
- #IL13: Rep. Rodney Davis raised more than $450,000 and will report having more than $700,000 in cash on hand.
April 30, 2013
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett’s tumble in the polls has made Republicans nervous about four pivotal Philadelphia-area House districts.
Local GOP operatives fear this 2014 scenario: Corbett drags down the ticket for perennial targets Reps. Patrick Meehan, Jim Gerlach, Michael G. Fitzpatrick and Charlie Dent. Meanwhile, top potential Corbett foes count southeastern Pennsylvania as their political base, driving Democratic turnout in their suburban House districts.
“The impending blowout of Corbett could cause severe Republican losses downballot, hitting hardest in the southeast,” said a top GOP operative in Pennsylvania, who was granted anonymity to speak candidly about the governor. “The old axiom is still true that any Republican majority in Congress is built on a foundation of Philadelphia collar county Republicans. It’s an untenable situation.”
July 9, 2012
Rep. Patrick Meehan (R) raised almost $500,000 in the second quarter — a torrid fundraising pace for a freshman facing minimal opposition for re-election.
Meehan will report $1.4 million in the bank, according to a source close to the campaign. Democrats do not plan to target his southeastern Pennsylvania district.
The Democratic nominee is attorney George Badey. A phone message seeking comment from the Badey campaign was not returned.
February 14, 2012
Chaos over the state legislative redistricting maps might delay Pennsylvania’s April 24 primary — a move that would effect Congressional and presidential races, too.
A later primary would give the Keystone State less prominence on the presidential nominating calendar, as well as influence several House contests, including the high-profile primary between Democratic Reps. Jason Altmire and Mark Critz in the redrawn 12th district.
Earlier this month, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ordered a state redistricting commission to redraw its controversial proposal for the legislative districts. But there’s growing concern the state Legislative Reapportionment Commission will not have enough time to pass new maps.