- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Chris Christie, Marco Rubio Given Top GOP Convention Speaking Assignments
Posted at 11:54 a.m. on Aug. 14, 2012
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will deliver the keynote address at the Republican convention in Tampa, Fla., according to a USA Today report. Christie is currently drafting a speech that is expected to run 20 minutes.
Additionally, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) has been tapped to introduce presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney for his Thursday evening nomination acceptance speech, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
Democrats have already named their keynote speaker: San Antonio Mayor Joaquin Castro.