- Democrats Have Early Favorite House Pickup Opportunity
- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
- Ex-Rep. Brad Schneider Inches Closer to Rematch in Illinois
- Democrat Back for Rematch With Freshman Republican
- DCCC Robocalls Target GOP on DHS Funding
Club for Growth Makes Endorsement in Nebraska GOP Primary
Posted at 11:16 a.m. on Nov. 7, 2013
The Club for Growth is taking sides in the GOP Senate primary in Nebraska, where a competitive nomination battle has unfolded for a safely Republican seat.
On Thursday, the club’s political action arm announced its endorsement of Midland University President Ben Sasse, one of a handful of Republicans running for the state’s open seat. In a statement, Club for Growth President Chris Chocola highlighted Sasse’s outspoken opposition to President Barack Obama’s health care law, which stems from Sasse’s experience as an assistant secretary at Health and Human Services.
“Ben Sasse is the rare candidate who can clearly and forcefully prosecute the case against ObamaCare, not only because it’s an unconstitutional assault on our liberty, but also because he’s read every word of it,” Chocola said.
The race is rated Safe Republican by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.