- Clinton Oppo Team Digging Dirt on Biden
- Graham Wants Hurricane Aid for His State
- How Will Clinton Contrast Herself with Sanders?
- Can Marco Rubio Take Advantage of His Opening?
- Democrats Are Much Better at Grammar
By Abby Livingston Posted at 2:27 p.m. on April 2, 2014
The Republican National Committee announced Wednesday the elimination of Columbus, Ohio, and Phoenix as contenders for its 2016 convention.
The cities that remain in contention are Cincinnati and Cleveland, Ohio, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, Mo., and Las Vegas.
“A small team of RNC staff will visit the six cities for a more in-depth and technical look at financing, convention venues, media workspace, and hotels,” an RNC news release said.
“The [Site Selection Committee] will reconvene soon after the RNC’s Spring Meeting to make a determination on which of these six cities will receive official site visits from the full RNC delegation.”
Columbus and Phoenix are expected to make runs at the 2016 Democratic convention.
View more posts in the Archives.
Sign up for your daily Politics newsletter here.