- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Connecticut: Newest Poll Shows Race Statistically Tied
Posted at 11 p.m. on Sept. 19, 2012
A new poll from the University of Connecticut and the Hartford Courant show the Connecticut Senate race in a statistical tie.
Thirty-seven percent of those who responded said they backed Rep. Christopher Murphy (D), while 33 percent supported former WWE CEO Linda McMahon (R).
There is still a great deal of room for either candidate to grow — 29 percent of those surveyed were undecided.
The poll was conducted among 500 likely voters Sept. 11-16 and had a margin of error of 4.4 points — slightly more than the margin that separated the two candidates.