- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
Connecticut: Richard Blumenthal Backs Christopher Murphy in Primary
Posted at 12:01 a.m. on May 22, 2012
Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D) endorsed Rep. Christopher Murphy (D) for Senate on Monday.
“From standing up for American jobs and manufacturers to protecting Medicare and Social Security, Chris has been a strong partner for me during his service in the House,” Blumenthal said.
Murphy is the frontrunner in the Democratic primary, which also features former Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz.
On the GOP side, former World Wrestling Federation CEO Linda McMahon picked up her state party’s endorsement Friday night. Former Rep. Chris Shays came in second, but he met the delegate threshold to qualify for the Aug. 14 primary ballot.
This is an open-seat race to replace retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman (I). Roll Call rates this race as Likely Democratic.