- House Democrats Going Good Cop/Bad Cop Against GOP
- The Software That Draws the Political Landscape
- Tech Experts: Expect Innovation, Investment on Established Platforms for 2016
- More Democratic Losses Could Be on the Horizon
- Democrats' Window to Find Strong House Candidates Slowly Closing
Connie Mack Endorses in Special Election for Radel’s Seat
Posted at 3:09 p.m. on March 4, 2014
In backing Clawson in Florida’s 19th District, Mack cited the candidate’s endorsement of the former congressman’s “Penny Plan,” a proposal to reduce the federal budget by 1 percent every year.
“Simply put, I am concerned that most politicians don’t have the strength of their resolve in order to make these tough choices,” Mack said in a statement. “It will take an outsider to help us accomplish this goal and ultimately pass the Penny Plan. For these reasons, I endorse Curt Clawson for Congress and look forward to working with him to make the Penny Plan a reality.”
State Senate Majority Leader Lizbeth Benacquisto and state Rep. Paige Kreegel, who lost to Radel in the primary last cycle, are among the other Republicans vying for the seat.
The winner of the April 22 GOP primary is a solid bet to win the June 24 special. The race is rated Safe Republican by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.