- Trump Leads Nationally as Cruz Surges Into Second
- Politicians Can Now Say Anything They Want
- A Novel of the Reagan Years
- Big GOP Donors Have No Plans to Take on Trump
- How to Talk Politics at Thanksgiving
Posted at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 10, 2014
Judging by his second ad, Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn of Texas is running against President Barack Obama instead of his primary challenger, Rep. Steve Stockman.
The new spot hits Obama and portrays Cornyn as the conservative counter to an “astonishingly liberal” president. The ad makes no mention of Stockman.
“He stands up to Obama, everyday. Pushes back,” the narrator says of Cornyn.
The buy size is “well into the six figures” and is a “substantial statewide buy,” according to a Cornyn aide. This comes after a Texas super PAC spent $744,000 in ads against Stockman. Cornyn is running for a third term in the Senate. The race is rated Safe Republican by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.
Texas will have the first primary election in the country on March 4.