- Does David Vitter Have Something to Worry About?
- Hassan Waits to Choose Her Adventure in New Hampshire
- Internal Poll Shows Cresent Hardy Leading Potential Challengers
- Larry Kudlow Says He Would Challenge Blumenthal Over Iran Deal
- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
Cory Booker Signs Up Two More Obama Veterans #NJSEN | Shop Talk
Posted at 3:23 p.m. on June 14, 2013
Newark Mayor Cory Booker continues to tap into the Obama campaign apparatus, for his nascent New Jersey Senate special election campaign, hiring a grass-roots organizing team led by two former strategists for President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.
270 Strategies, run by Mitch Stewart and Jeremy Bird, will help Booker organize and get out the vote for what’s expected to be a low-turnout Democratic primary in mid-August.
Stewart served as Obama’s battleground states director last year, and Bird was national field director.
The firm joins a Booker consulting team that already includes New Jersey-based Message & Media and Benenson Strategy Group, which was Obama’s lead pollster.
The primary will be held Aug. 13, and the special election to fill the remainder of the late Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg’s term will be held on Oct. 16.