- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
NRCC Trails DCCC in May Fundraising
Posted at 3 p.m. on June 20, 2014
The National Republican Congressional Committee raised $6 million in May, according to an NRCC aide — $1.3 million less than the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee raised in the same period.
The NRCC’s monthly haul brings its total cash on hand to $35.2 million — $10.7 million less than what the DCCC has in the bank.
Part of the DCCC’s fundraising success is rooted in their online fundraising. The DCCC brought in $2.3 million in May from its online fundraising operation, a large chunk of the committee’s $7.3 million monthly haul.
The committees use these funds to support candidates in the fall midterms.