- Paul Emerging as the Strongest GOP Contender
- Not Throwing the Bums Out This Year
- Judge Says Colorado Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Todd Akin Takes Back His Apology
- Alec Baldwin Developing TV Show Based on Rob Ford
DCCC Raised More Than NRCC in January
Posted at 6 a.m. on Feb. 19, 2013
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee raised more than the National Republican Congressional Committee by almost $2 million in January.
The DCCC raised $6.1 million to the NRCC’s $4.4 million in the first month of 2013.
The House Democrats’ campaign arm ended the month with $4.6 million in cash on hand but had $12.6 million in debt at the end of last month.
The NRCC had $2.8 million in the bank but posted less debt — $11 million — at the same time.
A DCCC aide said it was the best January fundraising in the committee’s history.
In 2014, House Democrats must net 17 seats to win control of their chamber.