- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
- 'Big Money' and the 2016 Elections
- Highway Funding Still Under Construction
- Potential Democratic Challenger Emerges in California
Democrat Drops House Bid After Three Weeks #MN02
Posted at 6:23 p.m. on April 24, 2013
“My campaign received tremendous support and words of encouragement,” Mehring wrote. “The level of enthusiasm and people’s confidence in me was humbling. However, I realize my true passion still was with CaringBridge.”
Her departure clears the way for former state Rep. Mike Obermueller, who plans to challenge Kline a second time in Minnesota’s 2nd District. Democrats have indicated they plan to target this district in 2014.
Although Mehring’s campaign was brief, the timing of her announcement is notable for another reason. On Friday, Kline announced he would not run for Senate or governor in 2014. Instead, he will seek re-election to the House.