- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
DNC Adds Staff to Press Shop
Posted at 5 a.m. on Sept. 10, 2013
The Democratic National Committee announced Tuesday that two Capitol Hill staffers have joined its communications office.
Lily Adams will be the new DNC deputy communications director and Ian Sams is the committee’s new regional press secretary. Most recently, Adams served as press secretary to Virginia Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine, and Sams served in the same capacity in the office of Sen. Thomas R. Carper.
“Lily and Ian will be invaluable assets as we work to continue to support the President and ensure that Democrats continue to be elected and reelected to strengthen the Democratic Party,” DNC Communications Director Mo Elleithee said in a statement.
The two new hires are scheduled to start work next week.