- Despite Fattah Indictment, Don't Expect a Scramble for His Seat
- House Democrats Going Good Cop, Bad Cop Against GOP
- Tech Experts: Expect Innovation, Investment on Established Platforms for 2016
- The Software That Draws the Political Landscape
- More Democratic Losses Could Be on the Horizon
DNC Re-elects Wasserman Schultz; Honda Steps Down as Vice Chairman
Posted at 9:38 a.m. on Jan. 23, 2013
Democratic National Committee members re-elected Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., as their chairman Tuesday, a committee spokesman confirmed to CQ Roll Call.
President Barack Obama indicated last month that he wanted Wasserman Schultz to continue in her role as head of the committee. DNC members confirmed his pick at their meeting Tuesday.
However, there were other major personnel changes at the DNC meeting:
The network also reported additional departures: Vice Chairmen Linda Chavez Thompson and Rep. Michael M. Honda, D-Calif., plus National Finance Chair Jane Stetson.