- McDonnell Apologizes for Taking Gifts and Money
- Rubio Hints at Government Shutdown Over Immigration
- Close Three-Way Senate Race in Kansas
- Police Union Won't Back Democratic Convention in Brooklyn
- Is Obamacare Helping Some GOP Governors?
DSCC Outraises NRSC in Pre-General Fundraising Period
Posted at 4:22 p.m. on Oct. 26, 2012
The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee outraised its Republican counterpart by some $1.3 million in the first two and a half weeks of October.
According to pre-general reports filed with the Federal Election Commission, the DSCC raised $7.3 million Oct. 1-17. The National Republican Senatorial Committee raised $6 million during the same period, including about $800,000 from a joint fundraising committee with GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
The DSCC has not received any money from joint fundraising committees with Obama for America or the Democratic National Committee.
Both parties are pushing for a majority in the Senate, which Democrats currently control 53-47.