- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Ellmers Raises Small Sum in Second Quarter
Posted at 1:53 p.m. on July 15, 2013
Rep. Renee Ellmers, R-N.C., raised $158,000 in the second quarter — a relatively small haul for anyone thinking about running for Senate.
But her latest report shows $180,000 in cash on hand as of June 30, which means she would face a steep fundraising disadvantage if she entered the race. Hagan raised just more than $2 million in the second quarter this year with $4.2 million in cash on hand, according to her campaign.
North Carolina Speaker Thom Tillis, currently the GOP front-runner, raised almost $300,000 in the second quarter. He will report $250,000 in cash on hand, according to his campaign.
The Senate race is rated Tossup/Tilt Democrat by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.