- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
- Political Ads Flood the Airwaves
- Bonus Quote of the Day
- Rubio Changes Tune on Immigration
EMILY’s List Backs Six House Candidates
Posted at 6 a.m. on Aug. 6, 2013
EMILY’s List announced on Tuesday that it would fully endorse six challengers seeking House seats in 2014.
The organization, which backs female Democratic candidates who back abortion rights, will throw its full support behind the following half-dozen candidates:
- #IA03: Former state Sen. Staci Appel, who is challenging Republican Rep. Tom Latham.
- #NV03: Democratic National Committeewoman Erin Bilbray-Kohn, who is challenging Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- #IL13: Former judge Ann Callis, who is challenging Republican Rep. Rodney Davis.
- #FL02: Attorney Gwen Graham, who is challenging Republican Rep. Steve Southerland II.
- #CA31: Attorney Eloise Reyes, who is one of a few Democrats challenging Republican Rep. Gary G. Miller.
- #NY23: Tompkins County Legislator Martha Robertson, who is challenging Republican Rep. Tom Reed.
“These six rising stars have demonstrated unwavering commitment to their communities as local reformers, state legislators, educators, and attorneys,” EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock said in a statement.