- Politicians Aren't More Corrupt Than Usual
- Axelrod Says Democrats Were Wrong About Bush Vacations
- Bonus Quote of the Day
- Obama Inc.
- Obama Signals All Out War on ISIS
EMILY’s List Endorses 3 House Candidates
Posted at 9:35 a.m. on Feb. 13
EMILY’s List, an organization that backs female Democratic candidates who support abortion rights, announced Thursday a trifecta of endorsements for candidates in open-seat in races in Michigan, New Jersey and New York.
The three endorsed candidates are:
- NJ03: Burlington County Freeholder Aimee Belgard. Belgard is expected to win her party’s nomination. It is not yet clear who the Republican nominee will be, but the general election campaign is currently rated a Tossup by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.
- MI14: Southfield Mayor Brenda Lawrence: Lawrence is running in one of the most crowded open primaries of any House race in the country. At least eight Democrats are seeking the party’s nod to succeed Rep. Gary Peters, a Democrat running for the Senate. This primary for this safe Democratic seat is Aug. 5.
- NY04: Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice. Rice is a safe bet for this Long Island’s seat Democratic nomination to succeed retiring Rep. Carolyn McCarthy. Republicans have previously said they will make a play for the seat in November, but for now it is rated Safe Democratic by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.
“These three impressive leaders are stepping up to the plate to run for open congressional seats at a time when our country needs women’s leadership more than ever,” said EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock.