- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
- N.H. Democrats Prep Kelly Ayotte Challenge
- 14 Congressional Republicans Jeb Bush Helped Last Cycle
- Exit Interview: John Barrow Laments Hyper-Partisan Congress
- House Democratic Losses Deplete Bench of 2016 Senate Recruits
EMILY’S List Endorses Two in Competitive Primaries
Posted at 3:29 p.m. on May 30, 2012
EMILY’s List announced today it is fully endorsing two female candidates locked in competitive Democratic primaries in Wisconsin and Hawaii.
The group, which helps elect women that support abortion rights, is backing state Rep. Kelda Roys in Wisconsin’s open 2nd district and Honolulu City Councilwoman Tulsi Gabbard in Hawaii’s open 2nd district. Roys is the former executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin and Gabbard is a veteran and former state representative.
Both districts are being vacated by EMILY’s List-backed Members of Congress running for Senate this fall: Reps. Tammy Baldwin (Wis.) and Mazie Hirono (Hawaii). And both primaries take place in mid-August.
The endorsements signal to EMILY’s List supporters who the group’s priority candidates are this cycle. The group funnels donations to candidates and has a political action committee that uses independent expenditures to support its preferred candidates.