- Long List of Possible Barbara Mikulski Successors
- Mikulski Will Not Seek Another Term (Updated)
- Russ Feingold, Joe Sestak and the Improbable Senate Race Rematch
- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
Eva Longoria Endorses House Candidate in Los Angeles (Video)
Posted at 9:50 a.m. on April 1, 2014
“There is a problem in the political system right now. And I find that we have to approach solving this problem in a new way, in a conscious way, in a way that is going against the tide. I find Marianne has the tools, the capability, the intellect, the ideology that is going to push against the status quo,” Longoria said in a video endorsement released on Tuesday.
Williamson is running as an Independent in this district, which spans the Los Angeles coastline, making it home to some of Hollywood’s biggest names.
The top-two vote recipients in the June 3 primary, regardless of party, will advance to the general election.
The former “Desperate Housewives” actress is no stranger to politics. Longoria served as a co-chair of President Barack Obama’s campaign in 2012.
California’s 33rd District is rated a Safe Democrat contest by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.