- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Florida: Allen West Challenger to Post $500,000 Quarter
Posted at 5 a.m. on July 9, 2012
Patrick Murphy, the likely Democratic nominee in Florida’s 18th district, raised an impressive $508,000 in the second quarter of 2012 in his bid to unseat outspoken GOP Rep. Allen West. Murphy’s campaign will announce the numbers later today.
The businessman, a former Republican, ended June with just less than $1.3 million in cash on hand. He ended March with just more than $1 million in the bank.
West ended March with more than $3.3 million in cash on hand. He does not appear to have released his second quarter numbers yet. Filings are due to the Federal Election Commission on Sunday.
Roll Call rates the race for Sunshine State’s 18th district as Leans Republican.