- Trump Will Host ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Paul Says It’s Impossible to Talk About Climate Change
- McConnell Wants Entitlement Changes to Raise Debt Limit
- Clinton Holds Wide Lead Over Democratic Field
- A Democratic Debate with Few Democrats
By Joshua Miller Posted at 12:46 p.m. on Feb. 28, 2012
Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will appear at a fundraising event Saturday hosted by Florida GOP Rep. Vern Buchanan, who is reportedly under investigation by federal authorities.
In an invitation sent out to supporters, the Republican Party of Sarasota County wrote, “Sarasota’s U.S. Congressman Vern Buchanan invites you to join him for an event benefiting BOEHNER FOR SPEAKER With Special Guest U.S. House Speaker John Boehner.”
A Buchanan aide confirmed that the event was indeed occurring and that Boehner would be in attendance.
The invitation lists a VIP photo reception that costs $10,000 per couple. The general reception costs $1,000 per couple.
View more posts in the Archives.
Sign up for your daily Politics newsletter here.