- Perry Puts Mugshot on Campaign Schwag
- Politicians Aren't More Corrupt Than Usual
- Axelrod Says Democrats Were Wrong About Bush Vacations
- Bonus Quote of the Day
- Obama Inc.
GOP Operatives Pile Into Florida Special Election
Posted at 1:08 p.m. on Nov. 20, 2013
State Rep. Kathleen Peters and lobbyist David Jolly have started the sprint toward the GOP primary in the special election to replace the late Rep. C.W. Bill Young, R-Fla.
And their campaign teams have also joined the race. Jolly quickly moved into place a campaign team, and now Peters has done the same for her bid for the 13th District. Her band of operatives includes two Tallahassee-based consultants:
- Campaign manager/spokesman: Mark Zubaly of Southern Campaign Resources
- Honorary chairman: state Sen. Jack Latvala
- General consultant: Rockie Pennington of Southern Campaign Resources
- Direct mail: Zubaly and Pennington will handle mail through their other company, Direct Mail Systems
Former state Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink is the likely Democratic nominee.