- Landrieu Claims Parents' Home as Her Voting Address
- Democrats See Benghazi Inquiry Stretching Into 2016
- Lawyers Present Closing Arguments in McDonnell Trial
- O'Malley Offers Staff to South Carolina Democrats
- White House Now Insists Obama Has a Strategy for ISIS
Hagan Challenger Builds Campaign Team | Shop Talk
Posted at 1:39 p.m. on June 5, 2013
State Speaker Thom Tillis has started to build his campaign team for his Senate bid in North Carolina, one of the top targeted races of the 2014 cycle.
Tillis announced his challenge to Sen. Kay Hagan, D-N.C., last week. He’s the first well-known Republican to enter the race.
His team includes:
- Media: OnMessage Inc.
- Pollster: Glen Bolger, Public Opinion Strategies
- General consultant: Paul Shumaker, Capitol Communications Inc.
Other Republicans considering a bid include former Ambassador Jim Cain, state Senate President Phil Berger, Reps. Renee Ellmers and Virginia Foxx, former Charlotte City Councilman Lynn Wheeler and the Rev. Mark Harris. Tea party activist Greg Brannon and two other Republicans are already in the race.
Hagan began building her team earlier this year.
Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call rates the race Tossup/Tilt Democrat.