- How to Handle a Broken Campaign Promise
- Democrats Announce Finalists for 2016 Convention (Updated)
- Bill Cassidy Utilizes Weekly GOP Address, Again
- What Did — and Didn't — Surprise Me This Cycle
- Roger Wicker Looks for Fast Start at NRSC
Hawaii: EMILY’s List on the Air in 2nd District Primary
Posted at 11 p.m. on July 23, 2012
Honolulu City Councilwoman Tulsi Gabbard is getting more air support from outside groups in her Democratic primary bid for the open 2nd district.
EMILY’s List, which helps elect Democratic women who support abortion rights, launched a “significant six-figure buy” on Monday for an ad running through Aug. 6, a spokeswoman said. The Honolulu Civil Beat first reported the news.
“Accomplished leader, decorated veteran — Tulsi Gabbard for Congress,”an announcer says in the closing of the ad.
VoteVets.org has already spent about $240,000 for TV advertising on Gabbard’s behalf.
Her top opponent in the Aug. 11 Democratic primary is Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann, who was endorsed over the weekend by the Honolulu Star-Advertiser. Other candidates in the race include former state Rep. Bob Marx and former longtime Congressional aide Esther Kiaaina.