- How to Handle a Broken Campaign Promise
- Democrats Announce Finalists for 2016 Convention (Updated)
- Bill Cassidy Utilizes Weekly GOP Address, Again
- What Did — and Didn't — Surprise Me This Cycle
- Roger Wicker Looks for Fast Start at NRSC
Hawaii: Harry Reid Endorses Mufi Hannemann in 2nd District
Posted at 5:16 p.m. on Aug. 7, 2012
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) endorsed former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann for Hawaii’s open 2nd district.
In a statement, Reid said that the two “go back many years” and that he worked with Hannemann and Democratic Sens. Daniel Inouye and Daniel Akaka on securing funding for Hawaii.
“Mufi’s record of achievement, experience, and relationships in Washington, D.C., would make him an invaluable member of our team on Capitol Hill — and I’m very excited about welcoming him to Congress,” Reid said.
Hannemann is in a hotly contested Democratic primary against Honolulu City Councilwoman Tulsi Gabbard, who has received nearly $600,000 in independent expenditure assistance from EMILY’s List, the Sierra Club and VoteVets.org.
They are running for the seat of Rep. Mazie Hirono (D), who is running for Senate.