- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
Hollywood Produces Dollars for Cory Booker
Posted at 7:48 p.m. on Oct. 4, 2013
Newark Mayor Cory Booker brought in big bucks in the final weeks of his Senate bid in th New Jersey special election. That’s in part thanks to some megawatt help from Hollywood.
Our sister blog, Political MoneyLine, flagged a number of players in the entertainment industry who contributed toward his $2.58 million total haul for August and September:
- Actor/writer/director/producer Ben Affleck
- Actor Matt Damon
- Actress Jennifer Garner
- Barbra Streisand
- Oprah Winfrey
- Director Steven Spielberg
- DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg
And that is just a sampling of his well-known donors. See who else donated to Booker at our Political MoneyLine blog.
Booker faces Republican Steve Lonegan on Election Day, Oct. 16.