House Campaigns Rush to File Fundraising Reports
Posted at 4:54 p.m. on Oct. 15, 2013
A deluge of House challengers and incumbents announced their fundraising tallies for the third quarter Tuesday. Here are the financial reports that caught our attention:
- #CA07: Republican Igor Birman will report raising nearly $163,000 in the third quarter, with $139,000 in cash on hand. The former chief of staff to Rep. Tom McClintock, R-Calif., is running in the GOP primary against former Rep. Doug Ose and autism activist Elizabeth Emken. The GOP trio is looking to unseat freshman Rep. Ami Bera. Ose reported raising $247,000 with $256,000 cash on hand. Emken and Bera have yet to release their third-quarter numbers.
- #CA10: Republican Rep. Jeff Denham raised $354,000 and had $1.1 million in the bank.
- #CA31: Former Rep. Joe Baca, a Democrat, raised $36,000 and had $37,000 in the bank.
- #CA45: Republican state Sen. Mimi Walters raised $445,000, according to a news release. A campaign spokesman said Walters will report $395,000 in cash on hand.
More numbers after the jump.
- #IL10: Democratic Rep. Brad Schneider raised $368,000 and had $769,000 in the bank. That haul is slightly larger than that of his Republican rival, former Rep. Robert Dold, who released his numbers Monday.
- #IL13: Democratic former Judge Ann Callis raised $241,0000 and had $370,000 in cash on hand.
- #IL17: Democratic Rep. Cheri Bustos raised $305,000 and had $613,000 in cash on hand.
- #NY11: Republican Rep. Michael G. Grimm raised $351,000 and had $828,000 in cash on hand.
- #NC06: Republican Rep. Howard Coble raised $44,000 and had $55,000 in the bank, per CQ Roll Call’s MoneyLine. Former University of North Carolina Vice President Laura Fjeld, a Democratic challenger, raised nearly $130,000 and had $96,000 in cash on hand, according to a news release.
- #NC07: Former state Sen. David Rouzer raised $92,000 in the third-quarter and has $178,000 in cash on hand going into his rematch with vulnerable Democratic Rep. Mike McIntyre. It’s a small sum for Rouzer, a Republican who lost to McIntyre by just 654 votes in 2012. Rouzer’s haul is $90,000 less than the $182,000 he raised between April 1 and June 30. McIntyre raised $189,000 in the third quarter and has $524,000 in cash on hand.
- #NC12: Democratic Rep. Melvin Watt raised just $10. He was recently nominated to head up the Federal Housing Finance Agency and awaits the Senate confirmation process. He told CQ Roll Call he has halted all fundraising since his nomination.
- #NH02: Freshman Rep. Ann McLane Kuster, a Democrat, raised $329,000 and had $810,000 in cash on hand, per WMUR.
- #NY21: Former Bush White House staffer Elise Stefanik raised more than $180,000 and had more than $165,000 in cash on hand, per a news release. She is challenging Democratic Rep. Bill Owens.
- #NY23: Republican Rep. Tom Reed raised $550,000 and had $910,000 in the bank.
- #TN04: Republican Rep. Scott Desjarlais raised $113,000 and had $171,000 in the bank.
- #WV02: Former Maryland GOP Chairman Alex Mooney raised $106,000 and had $184,000 in cash on hand, per a news release. This is the race to replace Republican Rep. Shelley Moore Capito, who is running for Senate.
- #WV03: Republican state Sen. Evan Jenkins raised $207,000 and had almost $200,000 in cash on hand, according to a news release. He is challenging Democratic Rep. Nick J. Rahall II.