- Trump Holds Commanding National Lead
- How Donald Trump Courted the Right Wing Fringe
- Why the GOP Race May Hinge on Ted Cruz
- Not All Lies Are Created Equal
- GOP Insiders See Trump Winning Several Early States
Posted at 8:40 a.m. on Oct. 18, 2013
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee announced on Friday that it raised $8.4 million in September, a record monthly haul for the committee.
The fundraising haul brings the DCCC’s total cash on hand to $21.6 million, double the amount of cash it had at the same point last year, according to a DCCC aide.
The government shutdown fueled a large portion of the committee’s fundraising this cycle, per the aide. About $2 million of the record-breaking haul came from online donations following GOP Sen. Ted Cruz’s filibuster.
The National Republican Congressional Committee has not released its September fundraising tally yet, according to an aide.