- Utah Will Appeal Gay Marriage Decision to Supreme Court
- Quote of the Day
- Boehner Does Not Support Impeaching Obama
- Chelsea Clinton Joins the Family Business
- Nagin Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
House Democrats Fete Top Recruits in D.C.
Posted at 1:24 p.m. on May 22, 2013
Updated 2:43 p.m. | The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee will host a reception Wednesday night for its best recruits, according to an invitation obtained by CQ Roll Call.
Launched earlier this month, the Jumpstart program “provides early financial, communications, operational and strategic support to help top-tier candidates get a head start in these highly-targeted races,” according to a memo sent to donors and supporters upon the program’s launch.
The invitation does not list the Jumpstart candidates, but the DCCC previously announced the group. The group is:
- Michael Eggman in California’s 10th District.
- Pete Aguilar in California’s 31st District.
- Gwen Graham in Florida’s 2nd District.
- Jim Graves in Minnesota’s 6th District.
- Domenic M. Recchia Jr. in New York’s 11th District.
- Andrew Romanoff in Colorado’s 6th District.
- Kevin Strouse in Pennsylvania’s 8th District.
Update 2:43 p.m.
National Republican Congressional Committee aides hammered these Democratic candidates on Wednesday for coming to Washington, D.C., seeking to tie their campaigns to national Democrats.
But at least one of the subjects of their targeted press releases, Romanoff, will not make the trip, according to a national Democratic source.
Still, the press release is not technically inaccurate. The NRCC’s missive declared the DCCC “invited Romanoff to mingle with the D.C. elite in the DNC’s Wasserman Room.”