- Despite Fattah Indictment, Don't Expect a Scramble for His Seat
- House Democrats Going Good Cop, Bad Cop Against GOP
- Tech Experts: Expect Innovation, Investment on Established Platforms for 2016
- The Software That Draws the Political Landscape
- More Democratic Losses Could Be on the Horizon
House Democrats Outraise GOP in August
Posted at 9:26 p.m. on Sept. 20, 2013
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee raised about $800,000 more than the National Republican Congressional Committee in August. The House Democratic campaign arm will also report a cash-on-hand advantage in its monthly Federal Election Commission filing, according to a DCCC aide.
House Democrats reported $4.6 million raised last month and $16.1 million in the bank, while House Republicans raised $3.8 million and ended the month with $12.7 million in cash on hand.
Both committees previously eliminated their outstanding debt from the 2012 cycle.
Friday was the deadline for the House campaign committees to report their monthly fundraising hauls.