- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
House Democrats Raise More Money Than GOP in March
Posted at 4:30 p.m. on April 20, 2014
The House Democrats’ political arm raised about $400,000 more than its GOP counterpart in March — although both committees posted strong fundraising last month.
The National Republican Congressional Committee will report raising $9.9 million in March and had $31.2 million in cash on hand at the end of the month. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee raised $10.3 million during the same month and had $40.2 million in the bank.
Both committees eliminated their debt in 2013. Sunday marked the deadline to report fundraising figures for last month.
March was a consequential month for each committee. President Barack Obama headlined a fundraiser in Miami on March 20. The NRCC hosted its annual fundraising dinner on March 26.
On the Senate side, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee has brought in more money than the National Republican Senatorial Committee.